Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sudsy Joints: Village Idiot


Village Idiot
7383 Melrose Avenue, 90046
villageidiotla.com (Beer list on website)

I’ve eaten at Village Idiot a couple times, but it wasn’t until recently that I paid attention to their beer menu. They have an interesting selection in bottles and on tap. The only typical beers are Guinness, Pacifico, Bud and Beck’s, but they are the outliers on a list full of microbrews and imports. That makes me happy. You can go to the corner store and get a Miller, Bud or Heineken, but I think sudsy joints, are the places you can go to find beers that are harder to find, full of interesting flavor and mixing different styles, and ingredients to create a-typical brews.
Other than their interesting selection, Village Idiot also has a list of Mixed Suds. I want to try a few different things on this list, but in warmer weather, sitting by the restaurant’s very large windows looking out at the fashion victims and fashionistas of Melrose, I have found myself ordering the light, sweet, refreshing combination called the Snake Bite, 1903 lager and Woodchuck Amber cider. Ahhhh!

1 comment:

  1. I've had to have been near this place a thousand times and never gone in. I passed it just a couple weeks ago on my way to another bar. Plus I shouldn't be allowed to order my own beer since I know nothing about it. I'd be the one ordering something that you can buy from a store just because I know the name. Yes, I need someone to get my beer for me.

    ReplyDelete