Friday, April 26, 2013

Calbee Seaweed & Salt Flavored Potato Chips

Tonight I opened my Chip Chest and pulled out this bag of Calbee brand Seaweed & Salt flavored potato chips. I'm pretty sure I bought these a few months ago at Assi Supermarket, a Korean grocery store.
Yum! These are really delicious, almost like putting a sheet of those seaweed snacks together with a regular potato chip and then CRUNCH! I love how well the chips capture the seaweed flavor and I love that its a mild flavor, meaning the chips would go well with many other food pairings because they're not too strong and overpowering. I thought the chip itself had a nice, crispy crunch to it, but it was a bit on the greasy side. Surprisingly, there was no unpleasant aftertaste or mouthfeel. Even though they have MSG listed in the ingredients, I see myself buying these again, or, at the very least, trying to make my own seaweed flavored chips.  They get four potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment