Monday, July 4, 2016

Catching up...East Coasting 2013 Part II

The above are photos of random chip experiences from my East Coast trip in 2013.
  • The chip aisle at Walmart in Chambersburg, PA. 
  • Middleswarth Potato Chips. 
  • Beet chips  and a hibiscus beverage from the Chalsty's Cafe in the Museum of the City of New York.
  • Wise All Natural Potato Chips: Delicious! Plain crisps and lightly salted but with a potato-y aftertaste which is appropriate for potato chips. There's a little bit of an oily feel, but again, that's what is expected from a potato chip. These are great just potato- potato chips. (05/26/2013)
  • Grandma Utz' Handcooked Potato Chips: I missed Utz so the first single serving bag I came across I bought. I actually almost bought all the varieties they had available, but sensibility won over and I ended up with Grandma Utz's Handcooked,  original Utz, and BBQ flavored. At the commissary they were only 27 cents. So I was trying to remember and I thought that I really liked the hand cooked, but my taste buds must've changed because the bag I just ate wasn't pleasant. They left an odd aftertaste like they used a different oil or something. But I did like the texture. They felt like they were in the middle between the hard crunch of kettle-cooked and the light crispy of regular-cooked. (05/26/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment