The above are photos of random chip experiences from my East Coast trip in 2013.
- The chip aisle at Walmart in Chambersburg, PA.
- Middleswarth Potato Chips.
- Beet chips and a hibiscus beverage from the Chalsty's Cafe in the Museum of the City of New York.
- Wise All Natural Potato Chips: Delicious! Plain crisps and lightly salted but with a potato-y aftertaste which is appropriate for potato chips. There's a little bit of an oily feel, but again, that's what is expected from a potato chip. These are great just potato- potato chips. (05/26/2013)
- Grandma Utz' Handcooked Potato Chips: I missed Utz so the first single serving bag I came across I bought. I actually almost bought all the varieties they had available, but sensibility won over and I ended up with Grandma Utz's Handcooked, original Utz, and BBQ flavored. At the commissary they were only 27 cents. So I was trying to remember and I thought that I really liked the hand cooked, but my taste buds must've changed because the bag I just ate wasn't pleasant. They left an odd aftertaste like they used a different oil or something. But I did like the texture. They felt like they were in the middle between the hard crunch of kettle-cooked and the light crispy of regular-cooked. (05/26/2013)